quarta-feira, julho 13, 2011

My first review kind of

Uma publicação musical inglesa mandou um teenager (e estagiário) assistir a um concerto dos The Horrors e pediu-lhe para escrever uma crítica. O resultado pode ser conferido aqui e é, no mínimo, surpreendente.

(...)
My name is Hugh O’Boyle and I am 15. I have never written a review before, I have only been to two gigs in my life and I live in the not-so-glorious town of South Molton in Devon. Being a huge music fan and admirer of the big city, you could probably guess that my life can get pretty fucking boring at times.
(...)
Undoubtedly, Skying’s ‘Still Life’ goes down incredibly well with the crowd, with its trancey synth, simple snare-drum beats, slow basslines (from the one and only Rhys Webb, with his funky bobbing bass hop) and powerful lyrics. As the chorus comes about, the crowd sway back and forth, almost entirely with their eyes shut, murmuring the words, “When you wake up, when you wake up — you will find me.
The group’s minimalistic approach on ‘Still Life’ leaves fans in a state of pure relaxation and trippy-ness. As the track finishes, Badwan warns spectators: “Watch out for the lasers, I got one in the eye earlier.”
(...)


Infelizmente nunca vi esta banda ao vivo, mas três factos podem, desde já, ser assegurados:
- "Primary Colors" é um disco fabuloso e o mais recente "Skying", parece-me que segue o mesmo caminho... ;
- "Still Life" tem de facto uma componente transcendental digna de registo - que se deve transformar ao vivo num momento mágico e verdadeiramente especial;
- Este "puto" escreve críticas mais entusiasmantes que muitos veteranos.

Sem comentários: